Friday, February 12, 2010

Talent Squared

I love learning about the unique qualities of successful entrepreneurs. I knew a little about the brothers who started Dsquared, Dean and Dan Caten, but recently learned more about their story. The 46-year-old, identical-twin brothers have worked their entire adult lives bringing their fashion line to fruition.

Tonight, they could gain more global notoriety than they ever have before. The brothers were selected to design outfits for a number of athletes and celebrities attending the Winter Olympics opening ceremony. While this isn’t the typical high-fashion audience, it’s an amazing opportunity. Their talent and hard work got the Catens to this point, but they also seem like genuinely nice people.


Being especially close with my sibling, I think this quote from one of the Caten brothers (I’m not sure which one), touchingly sums up their relationship:

“Together we’re one really strong person. I don’t think we’re not strong as individuals, but together we have a force that’s stronger than anything else.”

Good luck tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment